[su_slider source=”media: 1345,1347,1342,1343″ limit=”4″ title=”no”]
The Housing Committee helps to advocate for fair housing, housing resources, tenant’s rights, affordable housing and senior citizens housing. The committee also helps first time home owners and at risk existing homeowners residing in the Community Board 17 district.
|Commerce meetings typically occur monthly on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:30pm and are held in the Board’s office.|
Working to Keep Our community informed and empowered
- The Housing Committee’s responsibilities include monitoring and reviewing the services provided by the Department of Housing, Preservation and Development, monitors, formulates various resolutions on affordable housing, rent control, rent stabilization, federal Section 8 vouchers, the Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption law and Mitchell-Lama housing.
- With respect to the homeless, the committee monitors the services provided by the Department of Homeless Services and meets with other private and public providers of services for the homeless. Develop plans for the preservation and upgrading of the Community’s Housing stock.
- Identify the needs and strategies for neighborhood improvements. Review vacant buildings in the neighborhood to assess need for seal-up or demolition.
- Recommend sites for residential facilities for special need groups, i.e. homeless, handicapped, youth, and immigrants. Pursue housing funding from private sources for major rehabilitation and other services pertinent to housing and special projects.
- Identify and publicize investment incentives that are available to promote district revitalization.
- Compile pertinent information on housing and commercial development, (i.e., loans, mortgages, private developers, and area renewal plans).
- Monitors housing construction and rehabilitation projects. Work with local landlords and tenants groups to ensure that housing is maintained and services are provided.
[su_posts posts_per_page=”6″ post_type=”post,tribe_events” taxonomy=”post_tag” tax_term=”39″ order=”desc”]