Tax season is upon us and we wanted to make sure our community members have information about NYC’s Free Tax Prep.
If you earned $66,000 or less in 2017, you can use NYC Free Tax Prep to file for free and keep your whole refund.
1. File online at nyc.gov/taxprep (Income of $66,000 or less in 2017)
- The online service is quick, easy, and secure.
- Step-by-step instructions help you claim deductions and credits like the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and NYC Child Care Tax Credit (NYC CCTC).
- Experts are available by phone to answer questions.
2. File in person at your local NYC Free Tax Prep site (For most sites, income of $54,000 or less in 2017)
- There are more than 200 NYC Free Tax Prep sites in all five boroughs.
- IRS certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers help you claim deductions and credits like the EITC and NYC CCTC.
- Some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later.
Save the Date for February 10th for the NYC Free Tax Prep-a-Thon from 9am to 9pm.
This 12-hour filing marathon and resource fair will have sites in all five boroughs.
For more information, go to nyc.gov/taxprep